Companion/Sitter services include non-medical care, socialization and basic supervision to ensure a client’s safety and well-being. Companions may provide light housekeeping tasks, which are secondary to the care and supervision of the client.
DMV Home Support LLC provides Companion/Sitter services to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions.
Companion/Sitter services include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support;
- talking listening, sharing experiences,
- playing games/cards, reading to client etc.;
- helping keep clients in contact with family, friends and the outside world;
- providing transportation and escort assistant to medical appointments, grocery store and errands;
- accompanying clients to recreational and/or social events;
- assisting with plans for visits and outings;
- writing or typing letters/correspondence;
- organizing and reading mail;
- planning local trips and out-of-town travel with clients;
- teaching/performing meal planning, preparation and serving;
- performing household tasks essential to cleanliness and safety;
- accompanying client on walks;
- reminding client to take medication;
- reminding client to start or finish meals; and,
- assisting with pet care.
Companion/sitter services shall not include any personal or hands-on care.
The tasks to be performed by Home Care Workers are non-medical in nature and do not require clinical judgment.